The HSC Archives/Museum and Office of the Nurses Alumni Association of the WGH/HSC is located on the main floor at 700 McDermot Avenue (Isabel M. Stewart building, the former School of Nursing residence 1956 – 1972).
The Archives/Museum is behind a copper door which was originally the door to an elevator in the previous School of Nursing residence (1907 – 1997). The room was renovated by HSC in 2008 to better preserve the collections of both the Alumni Association and HSC.
The Archives/Museum is divided into three sections. The office, in the front of the room, greets visitors and researchers to the Archives/Museum and directs their enquiries. The middle section is the exhibit area. Various exhibit cases, including two donated by the WGH class of 1967 in memory of Karen Armour (Niven), surround a work table. The exhibit cases contain artifacts reflective of the history of the Alumni and the hospital. The back portion of the room is the Archives storage area where artifacts and documents, not currently on display, pertaining to the history of the Alumni Association and the Health Sciences Centre and its founding members, are stored in archival enclosures.
For more information please go to http://www.hsc.mb.ca/HSCArchives.html
To preserve the collections and continue to make them accessible to researchers, educators and the general public the WGH/HSC Nursing Alumni established The Archives/Museum Collection Endowment Fund with the Health Sciences Centre Foundation (HSCF) in 2008.
Should you wish to make a financial contribution to this Fund please see the "Donations" web page. Updated: March 2020
Copyright © 2023 The Nurses' Alumni Association of the Winnipeg General Hospital & Health Sciences Centre - All Rights Reserved.