Exciting news for May 2023 HOMECOMING
We are Celebrating all our Alumni Members and recognizing the
50th year Anniversary for the following classes
1970(2020), 1971(2021), 1972(2022), & 1973(2023)
As everything else in our society, costs have gone up for everything we do and that includes the cost of a luncheon and dinner (see below).
At this time there are no restrictions in Manitoba regarding COVID. Everyone is encouraged to follow
whatever they are comfortable with (eg masks, sanitizer). When coming to Canada, please abide by
our Country’s Guidelines.
Alumni Members are encouraged to bring guests/support person with them to the Luncheon and Dinner! This has been successful in the past years. The cost for all guests/support persons will be the same as for the Alumni Members (see below).
Please come to hear about Alumni initiatives, activities and events while renewing friendships and “catching up” with classmates.
The morning will start with:
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
At CanadInns Destination Center Polo Park,
Thursday May 25th, 2023@1030hours.
Exciting News related to Homecoming 2023
The Jubilee Memorial Lecture will be presented by:
Lanette Siragusa, Class of 1995
Topic: COVID: Looking Back & Moving Forward
Date: Thursday May 25th at 1315
Location: CanadInns Polo Park
All Welcome to Attend!
Note: As Shared Health Chief Nursing Officer during the first 2 years of the COVID epidemic, Lanette regularly contributed to media presentations to update Manitobans on COVID in our province. Lanette has since moved to the University of Manitoba as Vice-Dean Education & Associate Director Ongomiizwin Health Services Rady Faculty of Health Sciences. We welcome Lanette as our JML Speaker for Homecoming 2023 and look forward to her sharing her experiences during COVID and plans for moving forward.
ANNUAL LUNCHEON (1200-1400)
Thursday, May 25th, 2023
Location: CanadInns Destination Center Polo Park
Time: 1200 -1400 hours
Cost: $ 50 per person
What is New at HSC?
Please check the HSC Winnipeg website for information.
You are all welcome to stay after lunch and use the time following the lecture to renew friendships and “catch up” with classmates in the banquet room.
Phone#: 204-787-1170; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alumni is very proud of our heritage and the executive encourages
all Alumni members to support the Archives as an active part of Homecoming. Reunion classes are encouraged to plan and book a tour. If you would like to visit the Archives as a group during the Homecoming, please discuss with your class rep. so a visit/tour of the Archives can be arranged. Please note that we now have a wheelchair entrance to the Alumni/Archives/Museum Room.
ANNUAL HOMECOMING DINNER
Friday, May 26, 2023
Location: CanadInns Destination Center Polo Park,
1405 St Matthews Ave.
Cocktails: 1645-1730 hours (4:45 p.m.-5:30 p.m.)
Dinner: 1830 hours (6:30 p.m.)
Cost: $75 per person
Please be seated by 17:25 hrs
Each year that missed being piped in for their 50th Celebration Anniversary will finally have the chance to do so individually.
Therefore 1970 will be ready to be piped in at 1730 hours. Once seated, 1971 will be piped in@1740 hours.
1972 will be piped in @ 1750 hours.
The last class to reach the 50th anniversary will be 1973 @1810 hours.
As a matter of courtesy, The WGH/HSC arranges with CanadInns Destination Center Polo Park the holding of rooms and a special rate for alumni members. The alumni is not responsible for the condition of rooms or service that alumni members purchase.
If alumni members have any issues with their rooms or services, please report the problems to the CanadInns Destination Center Polo Park Manager.
Reservations can be made by calling the CanadInns Destination Center Polo Park at 204-775-8791, and press “0” to speak to a Guest Service Agent. I have confirmed 25 standard rooms on hold for check in on Wednesday, May 24th, check out on Saturday, May 30th and the Group ID number is #6426.
The rooms have been set aside for up to 3 consecutive nights at a rate of $120/night plus taxes for standard rooms, suites are available upon request.
The group block will be available until April 24th, 2023.
Whatever rooms have not been picked up by that date, will be released back into the system. Please call Linda for more information. Please book ahead to be assured of a reservation.
Please book your own hospitality/party room at CanadInns Destination Center Polo Park. To save your class money, alumni members are reminded that we have the whole dining room available after dinner until after midnight where a number of classes could easily utilize the room. A bartender will be available.
Luncheon and Dinner tickets may be purchased in advance by mail.
1. If alumni members are sending individual cheques, please have the cheques payable to:
W.G.H./H.S.C. Nurses Alumni Association.
Please have them put their class year in the memo area on the cheque. Please inform us that guests are coming (for stats use only). Cash and cheques are accepted when picking up tickets in person.
2. Tickets are to be purchased by cheque or money order preferably in Canadian funds. Tickets for purchase will be available after March 1, 2023.
Please make sure cheques or money orders are payable to:
W.G.H./H.S.C. Nurses Alumni Association. USA cheques and money orders accepted.
3. The cost of mailing (check the Canada Post website) has increased so please remember to enclose a Stamped, Self-Addressed Envelope to Linda’s address which is at the end of this letter so that your tickets may be forwarded. If you are ordering more than 20 tickets in total please arrange pick up of tickets with Linda.
4. It is helpful if “Reunion Year Classes” order their tickets in blocks. Do not order “possibles”, but only tickets that have been paid for. Those that have not paid can be directed to the dinner convener to check if tickets are still
available. Tickets will only be mailed to members and class reps once payment for the tickets has been received.
5. The deadline for receiving your order for tickets by mail in Canada and Manitoba is May 15th, 2023. Arrangements can be made to pick-up tickets after that date. A very limited amount of tickets may be purchased in person until May 20th, 2023, but tickets will not be available after this date. These deadlines are necessary to provide numbers of those attending to the CanadInns Destination Center Polo Park.
6. Diets and Special Menus
Please make note of members and guests or support persons requiring *specials menus (diabetic, celiac, vegetarian, allergies etc.)
All special menus must go through the dinner convener. All special diets will receive a coloured flag to be placed where they are seated to help the servers.
All members and guests/support persons need to be aware that if special diets are not ordered before the event the hotel is now charging us for an extra meal. Therefore, alumni members will be charged an extra $cost per meal if I have not been notified of a special diet by noon May 20th, 2023.
This may also cause a delay of up to ½ -1 hr. or more before you get a meal at either of the events.
7. Please make note of members needing seating assistance (wheelchairs, caregivers, etc.) also, so that seating spaces can be arranged for the classes.
8. The Alumni recognizes that members can become ill and unable to attend the events but please be aware that there are no refunds for lunch or dinner if you do not attend the events.
9. If you have any tidbits of information or class
pictures you’d like to share about the good old days, please send them to Kathy Hamelin, Alumni Secretary by e-mail at email@example.com.
10. The Class Rep Gathering is an important occasion to discuss Alumni issues and events, including Homecoming every year.
Please bring your suggestions and energy to the class rep meeting every October.
11. If you know of a classmate who is
● shut in;
● could benefit from a special contact; please contact our Friendship Convener: Marion Ulyatt (1968) firstname.lastname@example.org
or notify any member of the Alumni Executive
Please note again that in 2023 all Alumni Members are allowed to bring guests/support persons with them to the Luncheon and Dinner.
The cost for all guests will be the same as for the Alumni Members.
Please call Linda for further information.
Tickets and information for all events may be obtained from:
Linda Pastetnik (Serediuk), 1972B
1048 Burrows Avenue
Home phone # 1-204-633-3344,
Please leave a message on the answering machine, if Linda has not returned the call within 48 hours, please call again.
The dates for 2024 and future Luncheons and Annual Homecoming Dinners are:
May 30, 31, 2024
May 29, 30, 2025
May 28, 29, 2026
Copyright © 2023 The Nurses' Alumni Association of the Winnipeg General Hospital & Health Sciences Centre - All Rights Reserved.